All 7 art Reviews

Fire Emblem Robin Vector Fire Emblem Robin Vector

I really like this one because of his expression.

Just a Inkling Just a Inkling

I love the watercolour effects, especially in the eyes, it really adds life! Also because the rest is a uniform colour, the texture really stands out!

CoolCatDaddio responds:

thanks, im happy with how the water color textures turned out since it was a last minute addition when I was finishing this up

Shaco, new and improved! Shaco, new and improved!

She's really cute! I like her!

Belle Belle

Your standards are so high for you to think that this merits to go into the "folder of shame"... She's still beautiful, the lighting is delicate, and the painting has a really nice feel to it. Don't put yourself down! Or at least give yourself a pat on the back when you do something you feel is good, because you'll have really earned it.

Dahlia-K responds:

aww that's very sweet of you. thankyou for the encouragement.
I must admit this piece gave me a big headache. I felt it was too blurry and the light is everywhere. But Im glad people like it:)

The Lechidao ( Dragon Carp ) The Lechidao ( Dragon Carp )

I love the way the lines on the scales seem so soft and yet are still very well defined, and the way the blue eye jumps out from the pink. It also reminds me of cherry blossoms (but that might be because I've spent a lot of time photographing them today, so I'm seeing them everywhere), calming and docile...
Great piece.

waitress again waitress again

I love this style! The colours are beautiful, her expression is hilarious and full of character, you can tell she's got an attitude! I love the fact that you've blurred the edges of the drawing to make her face become even more of a eye-catcher. Brilliant, just brilliant.

Paint the Future Paint the Future

I love this piece ! The contrast between the dark almost eerie blue artificial light of the digital world and the warm sweet daylight of the painter is enchanting. I like the fact that you've given the traditional painter a "normal" more natural hair colour, whereas the digital painter has bright purple hair. I love the fact that you can read the concentration on the illustrators faces as well. It's really well done ! The only reason I didn't give it full marks is because I feel that the digital artist's face isn't quite proportional (the nose seems to jump out a bit far), but apart from that, the lighting, the shading, the expressions, the character design is all brilliant!
As a fellow contestant, I guess I've got no chance...
I'm sorry I don't have much that's helpful to say, I'm really a noob... Hope you do well in the contest!